Dasa Properties, LLC is one of the leading property management companies based in Western New York. Dasa is rapidly growing and expanding to the Rochester, NY area. With that being said, we are in need for a Field Operations Assistant based out of Rochester. In this position you will be supporting the needs of the Rochester properties while working in conjunction with our Buffalo, NY office. The perfect candidate will have experience in maintenance/ property management, trustworthy, self-sufficient, good communication skills and display a positive attitude. This position is considered hybrid, meaning you be required you to commute from job site to job site, and have the ability to work from home. Milage will be reimbursed when commuting to locations, but Dasa currently does not have an office in Rochester. Dasa is very excited for our growth and looking for a positive individual to join our team!
- Inspecting properties and arranging for repairs as required.
- Commuting from different job sites and locations, reliable transportation is required.
- Arranging contracts for maintenance, trash removal, landscaping, security, and other ongoing services and managing disputes with these service providers where appropriate.
- Assist in evictions
- Investigating and resolving property complaints and rental violations
- Overseeing the timely and successful completion of maintenance requests.
- Assisting in negotiate contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work
- Evaluating and fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries.
- Performing some routine maintenance around the building such as lock changes, smoke detector installs., for example, window, door or clean up needed.
- Install Lock boxes and utilize the platform "Show Mojo"
- Meeting potential tenants and current tenants.
- Meet inspectors/other personal for city groups examples section 8 city violations. Utilities.
- Works with the Regional Manager and the corporate office on annual budget development and monitoring, and control of accounts receivable and payable
- Milage reimbursement is included in compensation
The ideal candidate will possess a winning attitude, outstanding customer service skills.
Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in property management/ maintenance
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Valid Driver's License and access to reliable transportation
Reliable vehicle and smart phone required
Basic tools required (Drills, hammers, screw drivers etc.)
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Experience using software programs
Communication and interpersonal skills
Must be able to work independently and as a part of a larger team
Problem-solving to find effective solutions for a variety of potential issues
Knowledge of rental contracts and property and anti-discrimination laws
Organization and the ability to multitask efficiently
Attention to detail to ensure applications are accurate and tenant issues or questions are adequately addressed
Customer service and interpersonal skills needed to meet with prospective and current tenants
If a tenant OR a tenant referral applies to the position, is hired and is employed for a minimum of 2-months the referee will receive a $250 Cash incentive. Restrictions apply